As well as our annual programme of youth justice training courses, we offer bespoke training sessions for other youth justice professionals as well.
Our trainings can cover all major aspects of youth justice law and practice and are delivered by a specialist team of leading youth justice lawyers, incorporating interactive workshops led by young people with personal experience of the youth justice system. The trainings can be tailored to accommodate either established practitioners or more junior professionals and we can arrange in-depth sessions on specific areas of law based on what you and your teams may be interested in.
The knowledge and expertise of our lawyers combined with the lived experience of our young trainers is what makes our training unique. The topics covered may include the following topics:
- Overview of the youth justice system
- Principles of the youth justice system (incl. UNCRC and international law)
- Children at the police station and out of court disposals
- Law and practice: children in the youth court
- Law and practice: children in adult courts
- Modern slavery and child criminal exploitation
- Criminal behaviour orders and civil injunctions
- Effective communication: the importance of background
- Capacity in criminal proceedings: effective participation & fitness to plead
- Strategic litigation and children’s rights
- Role plays with youth justice trainers
- Q&A with former clients
- Case studies
Our team can deliver our trainings at your offices and can work around busy court schedules by delivering sessions in the evenings or on Saturdays.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further details.