A defendant child can appeal to the Crown Court where they have been denied bail by the youth court or adult magistrate’s court.1 A defendant child can also appeal against a condition attached to their bail if they have been granted conditional bail.2
A child defendant can only appeal against conditions to:
- live and sleep at a specified place, or away from a specified place;
- give a surety or a security;
- stay indoors between specified hours;
- comply with electronic monitoring requirements; or
- make no contact with a specified person.