Can an out of court disposal be given if a young person has previously received a formal disposal (including a conviction)?

Things to consider:

Yes. Section 136 of the LASPO Act permits the use of out-of-court disposals in cases where previous formal disposals have been given. These previous disposals must be considered in any further disposal decisions. When considering an informal disposal such as community resolution, the number of previous informal and formal disposals given should also be considered, to help determine whether that is the most appropriate course of action

Further resources: Youth Out-of-Court Disposals Guide for Police and Youth Offending Services