Give us feedback

Leaving Care

Children aged 16 and over are entitled to leaving care support from their local authority if they were looked after by the local authority for 13 weeks or more (starting after their 13th birthday and ending after their 16th birthday, it does not need to be continuous).

Leaving care support can mean providing housing or maintenance.

The local authority can provide leaving care support for young people aged up to 21 if a person is working or 24 if they are still in education.